'This little gem of a dessert is as effortless, yet delightful as it gets. No baking, no cooking, comes together in about 10 minutes, & captures the very essence of berries & cream. It is a gorgeous sweet treat to end any meal, & is perfect to assemble on the spot for a large group of guests!'
- Serves 4
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp. rosewater
- 300ml pure cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 8-12 small store-bought plain meringues
- crushed pistachios to serve
- In a bowl, combine the raspberries, sugar and rosewater and stir carefully to mix without breaking up the berries too much. Set it aside for 10-15 minutes, giving it a quick mix every 5 minutes or so until it becomes syrupy and shiny.
- Meanwhile, add the vanilla to the cream and use a handheld electric mixer on low to whip until soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes. You don’t want the cream to be too stiff, so be careful not to over-whip it!
- You can also do this by hand with a metal whisk.
- To assemble, place 3-4 heaped tablespoons of the whipped cream into each plate, and top each with a quarter of the raspberries. Crush 2-3 meringues onto each plate, and sprinkle with some crushed pistachios. Serve immediately.
Recipe and video created by Matters of the Belly.