These spiced lamb skewers are so quick and easy to prepare for your BBQ lunch and work really well with this light summer slaw of colourful vegies and herbs.
- 500g diced lamb (bite size)
- 8 whole cherry tomatoes (only cut them in half if they are too large)
- ¼ red onion (diced into large pieces)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin powder
- drizzle of olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 15 mins beforehand)
- 3 cups red cabbage (finely sliced)
- 1 red apple (finely chopped to match stick size)
- 1 cup celery (finely chopped to match stick size)
- 1 cup carrot (finely chopped to match stick size)
- 1 handful of mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 handful of continental parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl coat the diced lamb evenly with the oil and cumin powder.
- Thread the lamb, red onion, and cherry tomatoes on to the skewers and set a side while the BBQ is heating up.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad, to thinly chop the apple, celery and carrot in to match stick size it is best to use a mandolin slicer. Add all of the salad ingredients except for the seeds into a large serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients into a small jar with a tight lid, shake jar well and pour over the salad. Toss the salad and sprinkle over the sunflower and pepita seeds.
- Once the BBQ has heated up, place the skewers on to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of your BBQ. Turn them to ensure they cook evenly. Serve lamb skewers with crunchy slaw.
Serves: 2-3 people
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 10 mins