- Makes 16 muffins
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- ⅔ cup (150ml) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups (240g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup (50g) good quality dark cocoa
- 100g good quality milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 100g flaked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a muffin tray with 12 or 16 muffin papers.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and cocoa together.
- Mix the bananas, caster sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, chocolate and 50 gm of the almonds) and stir until just incorporated, without over mixing.
- Fill the muffin papers to just over ¾ full and sprinkle with the remaining almonds.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or till cooked in the middle when tested with a knife.
Recipe thanks to Australian Bananas.