Miso & eggplant is a beautiful flavour combination, if you haven't already tried a dish like this you're in for a real treat. You can add a little bit of honey if you like for extra sweetness, and keep it in the oven even longer if you like it more dark and roasted.
- 1/2 cup Shiro Miso
- 2 large sized eggplants or 4 long thin eggplants – sliced in half longways
- 3 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Macadamia Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Brush the eggplant with the oil and place on a roasting tray.
- In a bowl, mix together the miso, tamari sauce and honey.
- Use a spoon to spread the mixture over the eggplants. I find that no additional salt is needed as the miso and tamari have a very strong saltiness already.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes – longer if your eggplant is larger. You may need to cover the tray with foil if its starts to become too dark.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds. I also had some broadbean leaves so placed a few leaves around. Serves as a side for 4 people.