Don't dodge spitting fat at the fry pan. The oven is the best place to cook your bacon for that perfect crispy finish.
Perfect Crispy Bacon
- Line a pan with the bacon. You can use a glass baking pan (pyrex), a steel or aluminum baking tray, or even a cast iron pan.
- Put the pan into a cold, unheated oven. We tend touse the middle rack.
- Set the oven to 200C
- Set the timer for 20 minutes. It may take a bit more or less time, depending on your oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place the bacon on a plate (or a plate lined with a paper towel if you’re grease averse).
- Enjoy the best, crispiest, most delicious bacon you’ve ever had.
HINTS & TIPS
- You don’t need to cover the pan, it won’t mess up your oven. Line the pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Don’t use a baking rack to keep the bacon out of the fat. Instead, put the crispy bacon onto paper towel when it's done to absorb any excess grease.