A refreshing and healthy dessert kids will surely love.
Imperial Mandarin Jelly with Chocolate Chips and Slivered Almonds
- 150 ml imperial mandarins juice (about 8-10 mandarins)
- 100 ml ginger ale
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 gelatine leaves or 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 4 teaspoons chocolate Chips, to serve
- 4 teaspoons slivered Almonds, to serve
- Pour the imperial mandarin juice, ginger ale and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- If using gelatine leaves, place the gelatine leaves in cold water and allow to swell for approximately 5 minutes. Remove the expanded gelatine from the water and gently squeeze out the excess water and stir into 50 ml warm water until dissolved.
If using gelatine powder, add the 2 teaspoons gelatine powder into 50ml warm water and stir until dissolved.
(TIP: Boiling destroys gelatine's ability to set, so use the lowest temperature possible to dissolve it and heat for the shortest time.)
- Combine gelatine mixture into the imperial mandarin mixture.
- Pour into preferred molds or glasses and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Turn out before serving. Separate the edge of the jelly from the mould using a knife that has been dipped in warm water. Also briefly dip the mould in warm water, place a plate that has been run under cold water over the mould, turn upside down and briefly shake.
- Top with chocolate chips and slivered almonds. You may also top it with any other toppings you prefer.