- 5 x imperfect parsnips – (3 medium-large sized for the soup and 2 larger sized for the parsnip chips)
- 3 x imperfect potatoes or Imperfect Sweet Potatoes
- 1 x leek
- 1 x onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the soup, remove the green end of the leek and the root then the first 2 layers of the leek. Slice the leek lengthways in half and then finely slice the leek and place into a large pot. Roughly chop the onion and place into the same pot. Add olive oil then begin cooking on a low heat. Stirring every now and then.
- Remove the roots of the parsnip then peel and dice the parsnip as well as the potatoes then add to the pot. Fill with water until covers all ingredients. Bring to the boil then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the parsnip chips peel 2 parsnips and remove the root then finely peel layers of the parsnip. Until you come to the core of parsnip which will be too hard to peel into fine layers (chop this part of the parsnip into smaller pieces and add into the pot or save and use later for a stock) Place the parsnip slices onto an oiled tray in one layer. Brush will olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes. Or until golden brown and shrunken. Remove and let cool then add salt.
- After 45 minutes remove the pot from the heat and blend the ingredients until smooth or process in a food processor. Season well, add 1stp ginger.
- Serve with extra olive oil on top and parsnip chips on the side.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 45 minutes.