Makes 8/10 banana pops
- 4 or 5 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sides cut to make flat edges
- Wooden Skewers
Chocolate vegan dip:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Choose any of the following or make up your own toppings
- Dried cranberries
- Almond flakes
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Goji berries
- Cut bananas in half and skewer with a wooden stick. Place bananas onto non stick paper on a baking tray and put into the freezer.
- Place dried fruit, nuts and seeds into a blender or food processor and gently pulse until they are into smaller pieces. Place into a bowl.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a pan over a low heat on stove top, take off heat and stir in cacao powder and the maple syrpus. Put the chocolate dip onto a plate so it makes it easy to roll the bananas in.
- Take bananas out of the freezer - roll each banana in the chocolate dip and place back on baking tray. Sprinkle with the nut topping. Repeat with each banana and then place back into the freezer until chocolate sets.
These can be stored in the freezer or fridge. Keeping them in the fridge will keep the chocolate hard without the bananas being too hard.
Recipe thanks to Julia and Libby