Combine beautiful blueberries with blood orange for this healthy brekkie treat or dessert
Gluten Free Blueberry & Blood Orange Crumble
- 1 large teaspoon of butter;
- 1/4 Cup of gluten free porridge oats;
- 1/4 Cup of dry Shredded Coconut;
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Slivers;
- 1.5 large tablespoon of golden syrup (or you could use Rice Malt Syrup or honey or Maple syrup)
- 1 blood orange peeled & the segments cut into small pieces
- 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar (or again any of preferred sweeteners)
- Place the ingredients for the filling in a small saucepan - preferably non stick.
- Squash a couple of the orange pieces to release a little juice & then stir the mixture over a low heat until the fruit becomes glazed.
- Place the fruit into the bottom of a small baking dish.
- Using the same saucepan melt the butter then add the porridge oats, coconut & almond slivers stir them until the butter has been soaked up.
- keep stirring for a couple more minutes to toast the topping.
- Add the golden syrup & stir it in until all the dry ingredients is coated.
- Put the crumble topping on top of the fruit & place in an oven preheated to 180C fan forced for about 15- 20 minutes - until the topping becomes golden & crispy.
- Remove from the oven & let it sit for a few minutes to set a little. Serve with custard.
Recipe thanks to this weekend's #HarrisFarmFoodie winner Sally-Ann Haw.