- 1kg Gammon
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit, zested and juiced
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
Preparing the citrus glaze:
- Cook honey, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until deep golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; slowly stir in citrus juices and zests. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Remove the gammon from its plastic packaging. However, retain the gammon in the netting and place on a baking tray.
- Spread over a generous amount of the glaze covering the gammon
- Roast in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving. Brush excess glaze over ham to serve.
Gammon is best served with salad or herbed potatoes.