For the base:
For the filling:
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 2 egg whites
- 200 ml cream, 48% fat
- 500g (2 cups) plain yoghurt
- 300g (1 ½ cups) cottage cheese, drained
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest
- 125g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 40ml (8 tsp) fruit liqueur, raspberry, strawberry or orange
- Grease a 30cm round tin with unsalted butter.
- For the base: mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into the base of the tin. Chill for 1 hour.
- For the filling: add the gelatine leaves to a small bowl of cold water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites and cream until stiff.
- Beat together the yoghurt, cottage cheese, lemon zest and sugar until smooth.
- Gently warm the liqueur. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine leaves and add the leaves to the liqueur, stirring until dissolved. Stir into the egg white mixture.
- Stir in the yoghurt mixture and spoon onto the biscuit base. Smooth it out and chill for at least 4 hours until set.
- Arrange the berries on top.
Recipe by Ballantyne Butter.