King prawns are a must on Christmas, and this is a great way to enjoy them - with a creamy avocado dressing and crunchy iceberg lettuce! Serve the prawns peeled and already placed in the iceberg lettuce leaves with the avocado dressing for a simple and refreshing finger food option, otherwise just serve the king prawns directly on a large platter with the extras on the side.
- 1.2 - 1.5 kg cooked king prawns
- 2 x ripe avocados (seed and skin removed, diced)
- 1 x lime (juiced)
- 2 x tbsp yoghurt
- 2 x tsp salt
- 1 x iceberg lettuce
- In a food processor place the diced avocados, lime juice, yoghurt and salt. Process until the avocado mixture is creamy and thick. Place into a jar or small bowl for serving.
- Remove the end of the iceberg lettuce and separate each lettuce leaf. Rinse and dry the leaves.
- Serve the prawns on a large plate with a side of the lettuce leaves and the avocado dressing. Use the lettuce leaves as ‘cups’ and place either 1 or 2 prawns in each lettuce cup as well as some of the creamy avocado dressing.
- You can prepare the avocado dressing and the leaves prior just make sure to refrigerate until serving with the prawns so everything stays fresh.
- You can serve the prawns with the skin on or already peeled.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Serves: 4-6 as a sharing platter