- 1 kg Queen May Potatoes or the Sebago Supreme potato
- 200mL milk
- 250g cold butter, cut into cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Freshly cracked pepper, to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Once boiling, place your potatoes, skin on, into the pot and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Carefully, peel the skin off the boiled potatoes, using a glove for extra care. Once peeled, cut the potato roughly into chunks and place into your food mill. Use the food mill to break down the potato.
- In a pot, on medium heat, add in the milk and the milled potatoes. Add in two pinches of salt and stir to combine.
- Add in the butter and stir to combine through the milk and potato. Check the seasoning and adjust to your preference.
- Serve with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly cracked pepper.