Both recipes are super easy to make and taste absolutely delicious together.
For the Oven-baked Paprika Salmon:
- 2 (130g or thereabouts) salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- 2 vines of truss cherry tomatoes (optional)
For the Cream of Leek and Potato Soup:
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped dill, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced)
To make the Oven-baked Paprika Salmon:
- Line a small baking tray with non-stick baking paper and grease it generously with extra oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- Place salmon fillets on the paper, skin down and a couple of inches apart.
- Rub a tablespoon of oil all over each fillet and sprinkle generously with smoky paprika.
- Add truss cherry tomatoes to the tray, if using.
- Bake salmon fillets (along with the tomatoes) in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, and with the oven door open, let it rest for another 3 minutes or so.
- Serve salmon with some bread, roasted tomatoes or a garden salad. Or in the following soup.
To make the Cream of Leek and Potato Soup:
- Place all soup ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Blend with a stick blender.
- Divide soup between bowls and serve warm with your choice of toppings which can include the salmon, fried chorizo, croutons.
Recipe by The Wholesome Cook.