This berry packed crumble recipe is full of fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries(or you can substitute for frozen) and is topped off with a nut and cinnamon style crumble.
- 700g mixed berries rinsed (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries)-1/3 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla essence)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped )
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts (roughly chopped )
- 1/2 cup all purpose plain flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- Thickened cream or yoghurt
Pre heat the oven to 180°
In a large mixing bowl, combine the rinsed mixed berries, vanilla powder and brown sugar, stir to combine and coat the berries evenly, set aside.
In another large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and rolled oats. Pour over with the butter. Using a spoon, stir together the crumbly mixture or use your finger tips to rub it through.
Lightly grease a medium baking dish with a little butter. Fill with the berry mixture and spoon over the top with the crumble mixture. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 35-40mins, or once the berries start to bubble at the sides of the baking dish.
Serve warm with a dollop of thickened cream or yoghurt
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35-40mins