The kids will love these delicious bites that taste exactly like the bars. Made with only 5 ingredients, they contain no added sugar - only real fruit.
Homemade Cherry Ripe Bites
- 250g fresh cherries
- 2 tbsp dry-roasted strawberry powder OR 2 tbsp goji berries
- ¾ cup dessicated coconut
- 1tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 140g dark chocolate, melted
To make the Dry-Roasted Strawberry Powder:
- Preheat oven to 110ºC (90ºC fan-forced, 225ºF, gas mark ¼).
- Wash strawberries and remove stems.
- Slice strawberries into 4mm thick slices & spread on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Roast for 2-3 hours, until strawberries have dried out.
- When dry, grind to a powder in a coffee grinder or blender.
To roast the Cherries:
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan-forced, 325ºF, gas mark 3).
- Cut cherries in half & remove pit.
- Spread cherries, cut side up, on a paper-lined baking tray & roast for 20 minutes.
To make the Homemade Cherry Ripe Bites:
1. Place roasted cherries & strawberry powder in a 2 cup capacity jug. Blend using your stick blender until smooth.
2. Add dessicated coconut & melted coconut oil. Mix to combine.
3. Fill a silicone ice cube tray with the cherry berry mixture & place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
4. Once set, remove from the mould.
5. Melt dark chocolate in a small bowl (in the microwave is fine, heating for 20 seconds at a time then mixing).
6. Dip cherry ripe bites in melted dark chocolate. Set aside on baking paper for the chocolate to set.
Recipe by Martyna Angell of The Wholesome Cook (www.wholesome-cook.com)