A little taste of Greece. Impress the masses with these pocket delights.
Goat Cheese, Lamb and Spinach Triangles
- 80g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 18 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, cumin, coriander, currants and pine nuts. Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add spinach and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Remove from heat. Stir until spinach wilts. Transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool completely. Stir in goat cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Brush 1 pastry sheet with melted butter. Top with another sheet and brush with butter. Repeat to form 3 layers. Cut lengthways into 3 strips. Repeat with remaining pastry and butter.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling mixture onto short end of 1 pastry strip. Fold pastry end over to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle over itself until end of strip. Place on prepared tray. Brush top with butter. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake triangles for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Serve hot with tzatziki.