- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated with skin on
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- ¾ cup rapadura or caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup + 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Place eggs and oil into a stand mixer and combine with a paddle attachment.
- Add zucchini, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder and combine.
- Add flour and combine until just mixed through.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- In the meantime, combine icing ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Once the loaf is baked through, allow to cool until just warm.
- Drizzle icing over the top, then carefully slice and enjoy!
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size and depth of your loaf pan. If it’s not cooked within the hour and 10 minutes, check loaf with a skewer every 8-10 minutes after the 1 hour and 10 minutes cooking time, until it comes out clean.
Recipe by Naturally Nutritious.