For the Base:
200g pitted medjool dates
1 ½ cups / 120g rolled oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Filling:
3 cups / 450g cashews soaked overnight
350g strawberries, de-stemmed
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 lime, zest and juice
1 cup / 250ml coconut cream (thick part only) – 160
- Soak the cashews for 3-4 hours or overnight. You can also quick soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes until softened.
- Line a 20cm cake tin with a disc of baking paper in the base.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse to a fine flour. Add the dates and coconut oil and blend to a smooth sticky paste. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and press down into the base with the back of a spoon.
- Place the strawberries, maple syrup, coconut oil and lime in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drain the cashews and add to the processor, blending everything until you have a smooth cream.
- Spoon the mix into the cake tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight. Or place in the freezer for 1-2 hours if you’re in a rush.