Easily increase this recipe. The sauce makes enough for another iceberg salad.
Serves 1 for a meal or 2-4 as part of a larger meal.
- ½ bunch basil, picked
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 ½ cups natural yoghurt
- Zest & juice 1 lemon
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 large iceberg, split in half lengthways
- 1 vine-ripened tomato
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp za’atar spice
- 60g marinated feta
- 2 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- First make the herbed yoghurt, add all the ingredients in a blender and blend into a smooth sauce. Set aside in the fridge.
- Cut the cucumber and tomato into a 1cm dice.
- Cut the iceberg in half horizontally and lay one half of the lettuce cut side up on a serving plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and generously spoon over the herbed yoghurt so it runs all over and through the leaves.
- Top the iceberg with the cucumber, tomato and lightly season with salt and pepper. Scatter the olives over and dress the whole lot with olive oil, pomegranate molasses and za’atar. Crumble over the feta, herbs and serve with lemon.