- 1 1/2 cups (100g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups rocket, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup (185ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 4- or 5-cutlet lamb racks
- 2 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 250g punnet vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 600g waxy potatoes (such as kipfler), boiled, halved
- 200g green beans, blanched
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 100g creme fraiche
- 3 cups rocket
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- For the rocket cream, place all the ingredients in a food processor, season, then whiz until smooth. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, pine nuts, rocket and basil in a small food processor, season, then whiz to combine. With the motor running, slowly add 100ml oil until a coarse paste forms. Set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- Season the lamb, cook in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side until browned, then allow to cool completely. Brush the meat-side of each rack with the mustard, then pat on the pesto crumb mixture.
- Place the lamb racks on a baking tray, then roast for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes to the tray and roast for a further 5 minutes for rare lamb or until cooked to your liking and the tomatoes have softened. Rest lamb, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes, potatoes, beans, lemon juice and remaining cup (60ml) oil in a bowl. Season, then toss to combine.
- Arrange the lamb and vegetables on a platter and serve with extra rocket and the rocket cream. Serves 4-6.
Recipe by Valli Little. Reproduced with the permission of delicious magazine and ABC Books.