- 7-8 lamb cutlets
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 cups of mixed salad greens
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp cajun spice mix
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- dill (diced)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Begin by making the lamb marinade. Mix the honey, tamari (or soy sauce), and cajun spice mix together in a small bowl. Use a fork or a small mini whisk until the honey is mixed through well with the tamari sauce and spices.
- Marinade the lamb in the honey mixture for 15 minutes whilst you prepare the zucchini.
- For the chargrilled zucchini remove the ends of the zucchini then slice the zucchini lengthways into long pieces approximately ½ cm thick. Coat a hot grill pan with olive oil (or fry pan as a replacement if you have no grill pan). Grill the zucchini on both sides until golden on each side then place the cooked zucchini into a bowl with the lemon juice, dill and ½ cup of the olive oil plus a little bit of salt. Set aside and move onto cooking the lamb cutlets.
- Heat a pan with a little bit of oil and on a medium high heat place the lamb on the pan, cook on both sides to your liking (5 minutes for medium well done and up to 8-10 minutes for well done). There will be extra marinade left so place that marinade into a small pot and bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Allow the marinade to reduce into a sticky sauce by simmering for a few minutes only.
- Once the lamb has been cooked through and has caramelized on both sides, place into a bowl or small sized tray and pour the pot of reduced sticky sauce over the lamb, season with extra salt. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place the salad greens on the base of the plates, then place the lemon herbed zucchini around and top with the lamb cutlets. Pour the extra sticky sauce over the lamb cutlets and around the plate as well. Add a little bit of extra salt and olive oil.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.