Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 2 large whole squid, we will clean it for you
- 1 jar Fish in the Family Marinara Sauce*
- 1 cup water
- 100g dried spaghetti or linguini
- Small handful fresh parsley
- 1 small crusty baguette
1. Remove the thin film-like skin and fin off squid. Slice tubes into
1cm rings. Cut tentacles in quarters.
2. Pour sauce and a cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring
to a gentle simmer. Add squid, stir through and braise on
medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes. It should become soft and
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
Strain pasta and divide between two serving bowls. Top with
squid marinara. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with
crusty baguette on the side, perfect for mopping up the last bits
of the sauce.
*Notes: Arrabbiata sauce, a tomato-based chilli pasta sauce, can also be
used here. For a less spicy family-friendly version use a Napolitana pasta