2 beef bavette steaks (Harris Farm Curious Cuts range)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 corn on the cob husk and silks removed, blanched quickly
- 400g small sweet potato, sliced 1cm thick on an angle
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds and stems removed, sliced thickly
- 200g baby heirloom tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 50g feta cheese (optional)
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish. Add meat to marinade and rub all over, cover in cling film and marinate for at least 30 mins.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
3. Char grill over high heat the brushed corn, sweet potato and jalapeños in 1 tbsp oil turning frequently for 10-15 mins or until tender.
4. Remove meat from the marinade. Grill steaks on high heat for 2 mins on each side until browned and place in oven for 5 mins for medium-rare. Remove from the oven, cover in aluminium foil and set aside.
5. On a platter, place sweet potato slices, clusters of corn kernels, and tomatoes. Top with thick slices of the bavette steak and crumbled feta cheese.
Tips for grilling the Bavette Steak:
- Ensure the steak is at room temperature before cooking.
- Season and cook over a grill or pan on high heat, turn once only.
- This cut is best cooked medium-rare.