Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 1/2 hrs
Qty: 20-25 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup fine table salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cold water
- Natural string
- Natural ribbon for bows
- White paint
- Kitchen sponge
- Craft glue
- Matt sealer spray
- Pre heat the oven to 120C, fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, set aside.
- Combine in a mixing bowl the flour and salt, stir to mix.
- Pour over the oil and roughly stir in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cold water gradually while stirring, bring it together into a rough crumble then using clean hands form a round ball.
- On a clean dry bench roll out the dough to be 5mm thick. Using cooking cutters, cut out shapes.
- Use leaves, pasta cutters, cake decoration tools, a textured wool jumper or anything around the house and garden that can be pressed into the dough to make embossed patterns.
- Using a skewer make a hole in the top of each decoration and place on the baking tray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled lightly brush white paint on a kitchen sponge. Press each decoration into the sponge to coat the top embossed layer. Repeat the process of all the decorations, set aside too dry.
- Lightly spray all sides of each decorations with matt sealer spray. Set aside too dry.
- Finish by gluing on a natural ribbon bow with craft glue and tie a natural strong loop.