Freshen up the classic potato salad with this zesty Mediterranean version using in season red potatoes roasted along with colourful shaved purple Brussels sprouts and a simple to make lemon Gremolata to add a flavour punch. Perfect alongside a simple side serve of protein.
6-8 medium red potatoes
3 garlic cloves crushed
300g purple brussels sprouts (green variety can also be used)
250 green beans
Handful of parsley leaves
For the Gremolata:
1/2 bunch parsley roughly chopped
2 lemons zested
1 lemon juiced
1 garlic clove minced
2 tbs olive oil
Good pinch sea salt
Extra lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- Slice the potatoes into quarters, add to a large roasting tray along with the garlic cloves crushed and a good drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt. Toss the tray to coat all sides of the potatoes and place in the oven to roast for 50mins, or until soft when pricked with a fork and crispy on the outside.
- Steam the green beans until just cooked so they stay crunchy. Slice into roughly 4cm lengths.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts woody stems off and remove any outside leaves. Then slice in half followed by thinly slicing into shavings. The thinner the slices the better the result!
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the roasted potatoes to a large mixing bowl along with the gremolata, toss to coat the potatoes in all of the gremolata juices.
- Follow by adding the shaved Brussel sprouts, green beans and the extra handful of fresh parsley leaves. Toss again to coat all the vegetables.
- To make the Gremolata: combine all ingredients listed in a small bowl all of the ingredients, stir well to combine and set aside.
- Serve on a platter with an extra zest of lemon over the top.
Prep / cook: 1hr