- 135g unsalted butter, more for molds
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 150g almond meal
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g egg whites
- 125g raspberries
- 2g corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 12g caster sugar (adjust sugar depending on the sweetness of raspberries)
- Mix together the raspberry, corn starch, salt and caster sugar until raspberries are coated with the powdered mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease financier moulds or muffin pans.
- In a small pot over medium low heat, heat butter, occasionally swirling until it begins to brown or starts to smell nutty, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the almond meal, icing sugar, flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Add egg whites and mix well. Stir in the butter and mix until combined. Do not overwork the mixture or the cakes will be tough.
- Pour into greased moulds so they are half to two-thirds full. Top with the raspberries.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Turn oven off and leave for 5 minutes in oven.
- Turn out the financiers onto a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 10.
Recipe by #HarrisFarmFoodie @scientistcoco.