- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 300ml full cream milk
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g ricotta
- 1 plum, pureed (to make 2 tbsp)
- ½ tbsp of caster sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 plums, finely sliced
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Firstly, make the pancake batter, place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl, stir to combine, t make a well at the bottom.
- Blend the milk, yoghurt and egg in another bowl with a whisk, then pour slowly into flour mix, stirring gently with a wooden spoon as you pour to avoid lumps.
- Cover; allow to stand for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare the ricotta filling by mixing all the ricotta filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Now prepare a pancake pan and heat really well with a little butter, when hot pour in a 1/3 cup of the batter or desired size and cook for 3 minutes or so on each side until golden.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place a pancake on each serving plate and top with ricotta filling and slices of fresh plums. Finish off with a drizzle of golden syrup. Repeat to make the pancake stack.
Recipe by Fiona Louise, courtesy of the MONTAGUE tree.