Roasted potatoes in duck fat with garlic and a fresh parsley oil dressing. AKA ... the perfect roast Christmas potatoes!
- 1 kg potatoes (chats or baby kestrel)
- 2-3 tbsp x duck fat
- 2-4 garlic bulbs (depending on how much garlic you like!)
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Rinse and dry the potatoes and keep the potatoes whole. Transfer them onto a large baking tray with baking paper, spread out over the surface in one layer. Slice the garlic bulbs in half crossways and add to the tray.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of duck fat (the more the better!) and spread it around using either a spoon or your hands with a pair of gloves, coating the potatoes in the duck fat. Or If you like, you can also heat the duck fat gently in a small fry pan on the stove top just so that it becomes a liquid which is easier to coat the potatoes in.
- Bake the potatoes, moving them around every now and then for at least 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile process the parsley with the olive oil, add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- When the potatoes are ready, sprinkle with salt, transfer to a serving bowl and top with the fresh parsley oil.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 60 - 75 minutes.