There's nothing that says Christmas or Australian summer better than a pavlova and this one is the most perfect and most delicious way to celebrate.
- 6 egg whites
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 500g mascarpone
- 4 passionfruit, halved and pulp extracted
- 4 peaches, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper and draw a 20cm circle on it.
- Place the egg white and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk for 15 minutes until soft peaks form and the mixture is thick, glossy and the sugar is dissolved. Add the cornflour and vinegar and whisk until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the centre of your drawn circle and smooth into shape using a palette knife.
- Place tray in the oven and reduce temperature to 100 degrees. Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Once cooled, delicately place pavlova on a serving dish. Gently spoon the mascarpone onto the pavlova. Top with sliced peaches and passion fruit pulp. Serve immediately.
Recipe by @charlottereepr.