with Charred Onions, Pomegranate, Whipped Ricotta & Herbs
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 150 g ricotta
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ cup each mint or coriander, picked
- 1 pomegranate, seeds tapped out
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the eggplant and sweet potato into 1cm thick rounds. Cut each onion into 8 wedges.
- Lay the cut vegetables, alternated, on a baking tray lined with baking paper, generously brush with oil & season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until lightly coloured and cooked through.
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl with a little salt and pepper and using a whisk, whip to combine well and create a smooth ricotta.
- To serve, dress the vegies with lemon juice and pomegranate molasses, spoon the ricotta over and scatter with the herbs and pomegranate seeds.