- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, very finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) vincotto
- ½ honeydew melon or spanish melon
- ½ rockmelon
- 12 slices prosciutto, torn
- 125g shaved pecorino Pepato (a hard sheep’s milk cheese studded with peppercorns)
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Combine chilli, oil and vincotto in a bowl and season. Set aside.
- Cut the melons into thin slices and arrange on serving plates with the prosciutto.
- Scatter with the pecorino and mint, drizzle with the chilli dressing and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe by Valli Little. Reproduced with the permission of delicious magazine and ABC Books.