A beautiful vibrant grilled capsicum salad, using capsicums from our Imperfect Picks range. Perfect if you are after a little colour with a cheese board, roast or sandwich platter.
For the Marinated Grilled Capsicum:
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove
- Pinch ground sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven-grill to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut capsicums in quarters and core. Place in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Spread capsicum, skin-side up, evenly on the tray and grill for 15 minutes to blacken the skins. The blacker they are the easier they will be to peel.
- Once blackened, remove from the oven, transfer to a large bowl and cover snugly with a large plate. Set aside for 15-30 minutes to steam and cool down slightly. Once cool enough to handle, pinch and peel off the blackened skins and discard. Cut peeled capsicum into strips and place in a serving bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and dress the salads about 10 minutes before serving. Store remaining capsicum strips in an airtight jar in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Serves 4, as a side.
Recipe and photos by the Wholesome Cook.