- 315g egg whites at room temp
- 525g superfine castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 vanilla pod split and scraped reserve bean
- Pinch of salt
- Diced Mangoes
- Whipped Cream
- Using the whisk attachment on slowest speed whisk whites and salt until frothy.
- Turn speed onto medium and quickly rain in 1/3 of the sugar until soft peaks form. Turn speed to high and slowly rain in 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time and keep whisking on high until stiff peaks form. Can take up to 5 minutes after all sugar is in.
- Fold through all other ingredients. Form cake shape on a tray lined with baking paper and place in oven.
- It is best to use the oven without fan. Preheat to 240 degrees C.
- Place pavlova in oven and reduce heat to 160 degrees C. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven until cool.
- Top with whipped cream and diced mangoes
Recipe by Alex Kearns.