These work just as well as virgin cocktails. If you’re adding rum they can served as is, or frozen in jam jars with the lid on. If freezing, be sure to only fill ¾ of the way up, as the daiquiri will expand while frozen. The alcohol in the daiquiri will prevent it from freezing completely solid, leaving you with a boozy slushy, that’s half cocktail, half dessert.
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml lime cordial (see the recipe for fresh lime cordial here)
- 50 ml white rum (optional)
- 2 cups chopped mango flesh (from approximately 2 large mangoes). Can swap for pineapple, mixed berries or banana
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness/ acid. Add a little more cordial to make it sweeter, or fresh lime juice if it’s too sweet.
- Divide among 4 glasses. You can also divide into clean jam jars and fill 3/4 way up, then freeze. Just pull them out of the freezer 5 minutes before your guests arrive for frozen daiquiris.