Try this delicious lamb loin recipe with garlic butter, crunchy kale and a pea puree - a perfect Spring dinner.
- ½ x bunch of kale
- ½ cup x fresh peas (skin removed)
- 2 x cups frozen peas
- 3-4 x lamb loins
- 25g x butter
- 5 x cloves of garlic (small size and crushed)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper then rinse the kale and remove the stems. Break the kale up into smaller pieces and spread out on the baking tray. Bake the kale for 10-15 minutes or until the outside corners begin to go brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Prepare the lamb loins by cooking the butter along with the garlic in a hot pan on medium heat. Place the lamb loins on top of the garlic butter and cook for 6 minutes. Turn the lamb onto the other side and cook for a further 6 minutes. Meanwhile, use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter over the top side of the lamb. Once cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- While the lamb is cooking, prepare the pea puree by cooking the peas in a small pot with enough water to cover the peas. Bring to the boil then remove the pot from the heat. In a food processor, pour in the peas with half of the water then add ¼ cup olive oil, and salt. Blend for 5 minutes. Pass the puree through a sieve over a bowl using a large spoon to press the puree down through the sieve. The puree will be creamy and light. Set aside.
- Remove the peas from the fresh pea shells and set aside until serving.
- Serve by placing large spoonfuls of the puree onto the base of the plates, then place the lamb loins with garlic butter on top, the kale on the side and the fresh peas scattered around. Season with extra salt.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 20 minutes.