Kestrel Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs and Olive Oil
- 1.5 kg small kestrel potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash small kestrel potatoes and cut into halves or quarters. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Uncover and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine all herbs, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TIP: When boiling, leave the skin on and then peel it off after to lock in the key vitamins and minerals while they cook.