Alex Kearns of Glebe Point Diner pairs kale, which is high in iron, calcium and vitamin C with high protein lentils & porcini to create a perfectly nutritionally balanced and super tasty soup.
Kale, Lentils and Porcini Soup
- 1 bunch of green kale - stalks removed and shredded finely
- 4g packet of porcini mushrooms - from spice rack area - crushed and soaked in 1 cup of water
- 3 golden shallots - finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 1 small tin of cooked lentils - drained and rinsed
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan
- Caramelize shallots and garlic with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
- Add grated tomatoes and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add porcini with water, stock, kale and simmer for another 10-15 mins or until the kale is cooked.
- Add lentils and season to taste.
- Serve in bowls with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lots of parmesan
Easiest healthy garlic breadSimply toast or dry fry (in pan no oil) your favourite bread. Then rub with a skinned raw glove of garlic, all over both sides of bread.
Recipes thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner