This cabbage slaw is as luxurious as it is simple. Try serving it with roast chicken, or beef with roast potatoes.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1/2 green cabbage (approx. 600 g)
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml thickened cream (35% fat content)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 30 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g almonds, roughly chopped
- Cut the cabbage in half, lengthwise, then finely shred crosswise, leaving behind the hard woody core. If you have a mandolin, you might want to use that.
- Whisk together the cream, mustard, vinegar and honey until smooth.
- Combine the sprouts with the parmesan and drizzle over the dressing.
- Toss to combine and top with the chopped almonds. Best served within 2-3 hours.