What better combination is there than chocolate and strawberries? These decadent Chocolate Strawberry tarts are grain free, dairy free and vegan – the perfect dessert for everyone. Crunchy almond and coconut crusts filled with rich dark chocolate and topped with fresh, sweet strawberries.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- pinch salt
- 180g dark chocolate
- 270mL coconut cream
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease three small or one medium tart tin
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix until forming a dough
- Using your hands, press the dough into the base of the prepared tart tin/s
- Place crusts in the oven for 15 minutes, or until just golden, then remove from tins and place on a wire rack to cool
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a double boiler or carefully in the microwave, stirring frequently
- In the bowl of a mixer or using a hand whisk, add the coconut cream and melted chocolate and mix until well combined
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled tart shells
- Scatter tarts with fresh strawberries and serve immediately (for a warm, runnier chocolate centre), or chill for at least 2 hours for a solid centre.
45 minutes (plus chilling time).