Chocolate and Raspberry Pavlova Stack
- 6 egg whites
- 11/3 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 600 ml cream, whipped until soft peaks form
- 2 punnets fresh raspberries
- Dark chocolate, grated to serve
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Using a pencil, mark a 20cm diameter circle on three (or however many layers you wish to make) sheets of baking paper. Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large, clean dry bowl until firm peaks form. Add sugar gradually, beating until completely dissolved. Fold through sifted cocoa powder and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread meringue on circles on prepared trays. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until firm, swapping trays halfway through cooking. Cool meringues in oven with door ajar for two hours.
- To assemble place a layer of pavlova, followed by a layer of cream and raspberries and continue until all layers are used. Pile cream and a generous amount of raspberries on the top layer and finish with a light shaving of your favourite dark chocolate.