Feast your eyes on this! This simple green bean and chestnut salad packs a punch..
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 125g rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g cooked and peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 350g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Heat oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and chestnuts and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until chestnuts are golden and bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, plunge beans into a medium saucepan of boiling water, cover and bring to the boil. Cook beans for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain beans.
- Add beans to chestnut mixture. Toss over heat until well combined. Season to taste. Sprinkle with lemon rind and serve.
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Recipe by Chestnuts Australia.