- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 12 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp green peppercorns
- Sea salt flakes, to season
- Melt butter in medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan, for 3-4 minutes until foaming and pale golden. Toss in tarragon and garlic. Cook until tarragon is crisp then transfer to plate. Continue cooking until butter is a golden nutty brown.
- Working quickly to prevent butter burning, remove from heat and toss in peppercorns. Season with salt flakes to taste.
And the Perfect Steak
- Bring your steak to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Brush steak with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt just before cooking.
- Whether you cook on a pan or grill make it smoking hot. Then follow the guide ‘how do you like your steak’ to cook as you wish.
- Transfer to a board or plate, gently cover with foil and rest for half of the cooking time.