- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Vegetable Stock
- 400g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Fresh basil sprigs, to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. line with oil.
- Add onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add stock and potato. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach. Simmer for 1 minute or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Add basil leaves. Blend one-third of mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat twice with remaining mixture.
- Cook soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sour cream and pesto in a bowl.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with pesto cream and basil sprigs.
- Serve with crusty bread or croutons if desired