This asparagus and trout salad doesn’t take long to put together and is an incredible combination of fresh and smokey flavours. Perfect for a salad dinner.
- 2-3 x bunches of asparagus
- 1 x smaller sized smoked trout
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 x lemon
- 1/2 x bunch of dill (chopped)
- 1 x shallot, single stem (chopped)
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- Prepare the asparagus by setting a couple of asparagus spears aside and with a kitchen shaver make ribbons (discard of the end). Place into a small bowl, cover with olive oil and set aside.
- For the rest of the asparagus remove the ends by slicing them off or snapping them off using your fingers. Slice the asparagus spears in half lengthways. Place onto a hot pan and sauté with butter for 5 or so minutes. Season with salt.
- Clean the trout by removing the skin and the bones. Set aside.
- Prepare the crème fraiche with dill by finely chopping the dill and mixing it in with the crème fraiche and a large squeeze of lemon juice in a small cup.
- Serve by placing the asparagus on the base of the plate and top with the trout, asparagus ribbons, spring onion, extra fresh dill and a dollop of the crème fraiche dill mixture. Season with salt and finally top with extra lemon juice and olive oil.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 15-20 minutes.
Serves: 2, as a side.