Fresh, vibrant and enough to feed everyone! This recipe is perfect for summer BBQs, picnics or entertaining – it’s ready in no time at all and is seriously tasty. Herbs, simple, real food ingredients and nothing out of the ordinary. Make it. Share it. Enjoy it.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 bunch coriander, roots only
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ chilli, deseeded
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- ½ carrot
- ¼ red onion
- 2 mangoes
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Cover chicken in a large saucepan with cold water.
- Add coriander roots, garlic, chilli and lemongrass.
- Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce to medium and cook through for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, finely chop cabbage, carrot and onion.
- Slice mango and add with vegetables to a large salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients together.
- Add the shredded chicken to the salad, tear in fresh herbs and dress well.
- Top with sesame seeds to serve.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 20 mins | Serves: 6.
Recipe & Photo by Nadia Felsch.