Hands down the tastiest way you've ever eaten sweet potato! Using imperfect sweet potato from our Imperfect Picks range, create these tasty and memorable hotcakes and serve with plenty of fresh veg for a winner of a meal.
- 500g imperfect sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup ivory teff flour
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 bunch coriander (approx 1 cup), leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
- good pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for cooking
- Cherry tomatoes
- Finely sliced red cabbage
- Sliced red radish
- Brussel sprouts
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add sweet potato chunks and cook 12-15 minutes. When the sweet potato is cooked, strain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place eggs, teff, onion, coriander, sea salt and sweet potato in a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Warm a large frypan on medium heat, pop a drop of coconut oil to coat the pan then add 2 heaped tablespoons sweet potato mixture and spread slightly using the back of the spoon to make a palm sized hotcake.
- Cook 3 minutes one side, flip and cook a further 2 minutes on the alternate, then place on a plate, cover and pop in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat the process until all mixture is used.
- Serve with ricotta, pesto and plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Sweet Option: To make this recipe sweet, simply exclude the onion and coriander and add 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Recipe and photos by The Brown Paper Bag.