Ingredients - serves 2
- 4 eggs
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 1 chorizo, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 100g feta
- 1/4 cup parsley finely diced
- Add diced onion to a pan and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes or till translucent
- Add capsicum and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes until softened
- Add chorizo and cook until browned
- Add canned tomatoes, cumin and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes
- Drop to low heat and make a well in sauce and crack egg into it. Repeat with remaining eggs
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until poached perfectly
- Garnish with feta and parsley
- Serve with toasted bread and watch Mum enjoy!
In 2020, Amir had just resigned from his job as a Project Manager in Melbourne and was about to set off on the adventure of a lifetime – a year of travelling the world with his wife, Alicia. Then, a global pandemic happened.
Amir returned to his job in the construction industry, and spent all of his spare time stuck at home in Melbourne’s strict COVID-19 lockdown. It was here that he reignited his passion for his first ever love, cooking.
The fulfillment Amir experienced from his time spent in the kitchen prompted him to commence the running of zoom cooking classes with his friends. As a result Amir felt compelled to apply for MasterChef 2021.
After 8 amazing weeks on the show, highs and lows, and meeting many great people along the way, Amir left the competition, and is pursuing his dream of educating people of the importance of food for a healthy body and mind.