- 2 bunches beetroot or
- 850g baby beets, halved
- 150g picked watercress sprigs
- 250g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 100g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- If using fresh beetroot, remove the leaves, leaving some stalk, and cook in boiling salted water for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and refresh, then peel and halve.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the beetroot and watercress on a platter. Scatter over the goat’s cheese.
- Drizzle with the dressing and scatter with chopped almonds.