Potassium-rich bananas, some sneaky veg, coconut flour and a bit of extra sweetness from coconut sugar, plus some cinnamon (which helps balance those blood sugars) – these pancakes take under 20 minutes to make and are perfect for any morning of the week. Take them up a notch with a dollop of creamy coconut yoghurt and some seasonal berries.
For the pancakes:
- 2 Tbsp Coconut/Olive Oil
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 (1/2 cup) small zucchini, finely grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 Tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut/Greek yoghurt
- Handful of fresh raspberries and strawberries
- In a large bowl add banana, smash with fork until smooth, add finely grated zucchini, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and egg. Mix well together until all combined.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan, medium heat, add oil. When hot, get a ¼ cup measure and evenly scoop in pancake mixture and dollop into pan (tip* makes around 5 pancakes, can do in batches to make it easier). Fry for 2 minutes then use a spatula to flip and do the same the other side.
- Load into lunch box with coconut yoghurt on the side and a handful of freshly washed berries
Recipe by Rosie Eyre of By Rosie.